We offer technical assistance for business owners that would know about starting a business, financing options and referrals to a large network of business experts.
Fill out the form below to receive Technical Assistance. Our Business Representative will get back to you.
Or send an email to Alfonsina Morel, our business specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-529-8197 ext 115. Please include your name and telephone number.
Past Business Seminars
Topic: Stay out of Legal Trouble
- Best practices for creating and maintaining a business legal entity to avoid personal liability
- Employment issues for small business owners
- Employee classification – independent contractor vs. employee
- Use of volunteers, interns, and family members
- What is required when hiring employees
- Using contracts and best practices when dealing with other parties
Topic: Consumer Debt
- The collection process and the ins and outs of settlements
- Why Debt Settlement Agencies can be dangerous and your rights under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- Disputing collection items and debt consolidation
- Tips for handling tax debt and student loans
- What to do if a creditor sues you
- Considering bankruptcy? Learn the pros and cons if considering this last resort option.
Topic: Legal Considerations in Operating an Online Business
- Do business entities need to be formed?
- Permits/ licenses compliance
- Credit card sales
- Exposure to liability
Topic: Negotiating a Commercial Leasing
- Terms and clauses you want to include in the lease
- Understanding the terms of the lease
- Calculating rent and additional rent
Topic: Cost-effective Social Media Marketing
- Building a following
- Promoting Sales
- Creating Rewards/Incentives
Topic: Understanding and Managing Cash Flow
- Understanding Cash Flow statements
- Best practices for cash management – cash outflows
- Best practices for cash management – cash inflows