We offer technical assistance for business owners that would want to know about starting a business, financing options and referrals to a large network of business experts.
Please fill out this form to receive Technical Assistance. Our Business Representative will get back to you.
Note that this is a not secure form, do not submit any confidential private information such as your account number, social security number, personal identification number, credit card number, passwords, etc.
Past Business Seminars
Topic: Stay out of Legal Trouble
- Best practices for creating and maintaining a business legal entity to avoid personal liability
- Employment issues for small business owners
- Employee classification – independent contractor vs. employee
- Use of volunteers, interns, and family members
- What is required when hiring employees
- Using contracts and best practices when dealing with other parties
Topic: Consumer Debt
- The collection process and the ins and outs of settlements
- Why Debt Settlement Agencies can be dangerous and your rights under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- Disputing collection items and debt consolidation
- Tips for handling tax debt and student loans
- What to do if a creditor sues you
- Considering bankruptcy? Learn the pros and cons if considering this last resort option.
Topic: Legal Considerations in Operating an Online Business
- Do business entities need to be formed?
- Permits/ licenses compliance
- Credit card sales
- Exposure to liability
Topic: Negotiating a Commercial Leasing
- Terms and clauses you want to include in the lease
- Understanding the terms of the lease
- Calculating rent and additional rent
Topic: Cost-effective Social Media Marketing
- Building a following
- Promoting Sales
- Creating Rewards/Incentives
Topic: Understanding and Managing Cash Flow
- Understanding Cash Flow statements
- Best practices for cash management – cash outflows
- Best practices for cash management – cash inflows