Member Service Representative 07.17.18
Lower East Side People’s Federal Credit Union (New York, NY) is a non-profit financial cooperative organized in 1986 that promotes economic justice and opportunity in NYC neighborhoods. We are owned by our members and dedicated to providing high-quality financial services and community development investments in low income, immigrant and other underserved communities.
LES People’s is looking for a self-motivated individual to work in our financial cooperative in NYC. This position covers all the different aspects of customer service, from opening accounts to assisting with loan applications. In the credit union, a customer is a member, and the ideal candidate for this job is someone that is good working with people. This job is part-time with potential to full-time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide excellent quality and professional customer service to members
- Execute a number of operational tasks such as account daily deposits/withdrawals, account opening, fill out loan applications, open/close/balance cash drawer daily, process payment and transfers, etc.
- Attend to member inquiries with professionalism and independence, escalating more difficult issues to supervisors
- Cross-sell credit union products and community services
- Maintain strong product knowledge and credit union values
- Perform various administrative tasks and perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Reports to the Director of Branch & MSR and Assistant MSR managers
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Teller experience is helpful
- Be able to conversate in English and Spanish is preferred
- Effective problem skills and good team player
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a brief statement about your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.