The People’s Memorial College Scholarship wants to support first-time college students with their career path by offering a monetary incentive to cover qualified college expenses such as Partial Tuition, School Books, School Equipment and Relocation Expenses. The People’s Memorial College Scholarship awards two prizes of $1,000. This scholarship application is open to members and non-members of LES People’s FCU.
Eligibility – The applicant:
- Must have been a college-bound high school senior at the time of the application,
- Must be attending college for the first time on the fall of 2020,
- Must be enrolled in either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution,
- Agrees to open a savings account at LES People’s FCU if he/she wins the scholarship,
- Agrees to use the awarded funds before January 31, 2021, at an accredited educational institution only.
The applicant can submit only one application.
❏ 2. The completed application must be submitted with:
❏ a high school transcript documenting student’s GPA for grades 9–11;
❏ a typed essay response; and
❏ an SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript (obtained through the high school guidance office)
❏ 3. The applicant and his/her parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the last page of the application form.
❏ 4. The application, transcripts, and essay must be submitted to the credit union by Tuesday, March 31, 2019, at 4 pm. If any portion is incomplete or missing, the application will not be considered.
Judging will be based on both subjective criteria and weighted, objective criteria. These include essay, academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities, etc.
Awards will be deposited into the winners’ accounts at LES People’s FCU after verifying eligible expenses. An awards ceremony will take place at the 2020 LES People’s FCU Annual Meeting in the spring. Winners are expected to attend.