LES People’s FCU has partnered with New Economy Project to make DREAMer loans to immigrant youth in New York City who are applying for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). DREAMers and their family members may apply for no-interest loans to cover the $465 DACA application fee at LES People’s FCU . In addition, the applicant may receive other credit union services such as the opportunity to establish a positive credit history.
To apply you must bring a referral form provided by any organization part of our network that provides free DACA screenings and assistance. After you obtain the referral form, contact us at 212-529-8197 to speak to a specialist and make an appointment.
DREAMer Loan features include:
- Loans up to $465
- 0% APR
- Affordable monthly payments ($38.75 per month)
- $20 loan processing fee (paid to the credit union, when the loan is made)
Other benefits for DREAMers include:
- Opportunity to establish a positive credit history with the credit union
- Free credit union membership and savings account
- $25 savings bonus when DREAMer Loan is repaid
- Access to all credit union services, including free tax preparation and financial counseling
- Family members qualify for credit union membership and services
For more information about the NYC DREAMer Loan Fund, click here