LES PEOPLE’S FCU serves a broad membership in New York City.
Who Can Join?
- Individuals, who live, work, volunteer, worship, attend school, or belong to any organization located in Lower East Side See map,Central Harlem See map, East Harlem See map, or the North Shore of Staten Island See map; or
- Any organization or business located in the above communities; or
- Residents of New York City who earn less than $48,500 annually; (bring proof of income: tax return) or
- Anyone, who lives in an HDFC Co-op building; or
- Graduates from the Getting Ahead™ personal financial management class (bring your Getting Ahead Diploma); or
- People affiliated with one of our Select Partner Groups; or
- A family member of an existing member.
Please bring a proof of your qualification for membership listed above.
1) Submit at least one valid government-issued photo identification, such as:
- Driver’s license
- Municipal ID (IDNYC)
- Consular identification card
2) Submit one proof of your home address, such as:
- current telephone, utility or cable bill
- current lease or rent receipt
- current clinic card showing the address
- current Human Resources letter from public assistance
- voter card
3) A minimum deposit of $75 to avoid a $3 monthly maintenance fee. The account must never be below $25 which is the minimum to have a share in the credit union.
4) An account opening fee of $5. In addition, there is an account servicing fee of $5 per year and is charged every July 31st of each year.
5) If you are joining through a Select Partner Group, please bring proof that you are affiliated with that organization, such as:
- A pay stub if you are an employee.
- A letter from the organization on official letterhead stating your affiliation (board member, volunteer, member, etc.)
- A referral form from the Select Partner Group
Are you 18 years old or younger? Click here
*Contact us if you have any questions